How about a recipe I learned in Austria this summer? I love sea food, a variety of summer vegetables and Kokosöl (coconut oil), so why not combine these wonderful ingredients to make something special? Absolutely! 🙂
This dish is super tasty and healthy. If you leave out the shrimp, you can even turn this into a vegan dish.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup Liquid Aminos
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs raw honey
- 2 tbs Shelled Hemp Seed
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil (Kokosöl) divided
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 1 small onion (halved & sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (seeded & sliced)
- 1 small yellow squash (cut)
- 3 oz. shitake (stems removed, sliced)
- 2 garlic (minced)
- Get a small bowl, add the liquid aminos, honey, hemp seeds and honey. Whisk them together.
- Place 1 tbs coconut oil in a nonstick frying pan or wok, heat it up and add shrimps. Stir fry until pink for 2 minutes over high heat, then place the content into a bowl and let it sit while you continue.
- Using the rest of the oil, stir fry the squash, mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking for about 1 minute. Add and simmer the sauce for about 2 minutes, or until it thickens a bit. Add the shrink and cook for another minute.
Serve with brown rice!